The Case of the Killer Brownies
Over the summer, you’ve started to miss your hot lunch brownies, right?
We’re here to save the day! Read on to learn how to make your favorite baked delight from CVC’s Joy Catering! (Thanks, Brenda–and if these aren’t the best Christian school hot lunch brownies in the Central Valley [or any brownies anywhere], we don’t know what’s what anymore!)
Ingredients for brownies:
1 small package instant chocolate pudding
2 cups milk
1 package chocolate cake mix
1) Combine pudding mix and milk. Stir in dry cake mix.
2) Spread in an 11×13 cake pan.
3) Bake at 350F as directed on cake mix.
Ingredients for frosting:
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup milk
2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup mini marshmallows
1) In small saucepan, combine sugar, butter and milk. Bring to boil, and boil until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
2) Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows until melted.
3) Pour over brownies; spread evenly.
While you’re waiting for those brownies to cool, check in to CVC’s Parent Central page and be connected with everything you need for next school year.
New family just hearing about us? You’ve come to the right place: the premier Christian school in California’s Central Valley. Enroll at CVC to help your student gain a deeper understanding of God’s world and their place in it (Visalia and beyond)!